Friday, September 9, 2011

Summer Thrifty Finds

I haven't had a ton of time to thrift this summer, but I have had a few really good finds that I wanted to share. Can you tell I'm playing catch-up on posts?

thrifty finds

Check it - a vintage Samsonite shoulder bag, patchwork leather clutch, pastoral pendant necklace, teal polka dot dress (to be refashioned) and the mother lode - a beautiful red student size accordion. 

close up on the accordion

After playing my accordion in a show earlier this year, I realized it was much too large for me to carry around. It's really built for a larger person than I, and caused some serious back pain. So I started looking for a student-size accordion, occasionally checking Craigslist. Then, while visiting a new thrift store near my house, I found this baby. It's perfect!

pretty necklace

This necklace came from the same shop, and I love it. I'm sure it's not really antique, but I love how large it is, and the illustration is the sweetest. 

Have you found anything lately?

2 comments :

  1. The necklace is probably from the 1970s, so it is 'vintage' and not antique. ;) My grandfather used to play the accordion at Polka Parties in the Chicsgo area back in the '30s and '40s so it's fun to know that you're an accordion player too.

    In the summer I mainly hit rummage and garage sales, the thrifts have seem picked over lately. :( What new thrift store opened up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG- the accordion is so beautiful!!! Love the clutch too...and can't wait to see what you do with the dress :) Awesome finds!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!